Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Muted and Vibrant

Well, I'd had half of my second travel journal entry written, but blogger ate it. So instead, I present two paintings I've done since I've been back. I'm not sure what was going on in my head while I was painting them, aside from wanting to finish the second one after having started it almost a year ago. Both are going to be submitted to the 40 Art exhibition in Doylestown, in which all of the paintings available are 5"x7" and $40, no matter the artist or the medium.



This painting is brought to you by watercolors, coffee, and Neil Gaiman's turntable room (seriously, turntable.fm is addictive).



I'm glad I finally finished this girl. Such a big difference in styles in just a year. I started this one not long after we moved into our house, and am happy enough with it, but much prefer the other painting.

Okay, off to attempt to write the next travel entry!

No comments: